Harbr's notification system is built around the concepts of Tasks and their Assignments. After all, what's the value of a task if there's no one responsible for it.
Administrators assign Owners and Dependents to Tasks via the Schedule Manager. The concepts are these:
- An Owner is a person that is responsible for the reporting and completion of the task.
- The Owner receives targeted notifications relevant to the status of the task, such as:
- 10-day reminder.
- Task starts today.
- Task due today.
- Task overdue.
- A Dependent is a person or a group of people that are watching/collaborating on the progress of the task.
- Dependents can interact with the task in the same ways as an Owner.
- All interactions are logged with user details and timestamps.
- Dependents receive notifications relevant to updates made on the task, such as:
- Task complete.
- Daily recap.
Both Owners and Dependents receive notifications for:
- Priority notes.
- Due date changes.
Across the web Platform and Mobile interfaces, Owners are represented as a blue icon and Dependents as a Purple icon.